IT’S NATIONAL PEST MANAGEMENT MONTH! ARE YOU PREPARED FOR SPRING PESTS?
This April, Rose Pest Solutions Chicago is proud to celebrate National Pest Management Month, a public observance formally recognized each year by the National Pest Management Association (NPMA) to acknowledge the pest management industry’s commitment to the protection of public health and property from household pest threats. Additionally, as spring is an especially busy time for pest-related activity, Rose encourages homeowners to take proactive preventive pest control steps in the coming weeks.
“We are proud to be members of an industry which plays an important role in people’s everyday lives and are committed to helping homeowners protect their homes and ensuring public places and residences are free of disease-carrying pests,” said Bob Dold Sr., Owner of Rose Pest Solutions Chicago.
“As pests emerge from their overwintering spots, we encourage the public to tackle simple home improvement and landscaping projects that will make a big difference in staving off infestations during the warmer months,” added Dold.
Here in the Midwest, the most common spring pests to consider guarding your family and property against this year with professional pest control Chicago are:
- Ants: Carpenter, Odorous House, Pavement, Argentine
- Stink Bugs
- Boxelder bugs
- Asian beetles
- Rodents: Mice, rats, voles, moles, shrews
We have solutions for every unique pest problem. Our services are customized, not cookie cut. Every single person has his own threshold for pest presences. We'll do what works for you, your family or customers, and pets too.
How to pest proof the house
NPMA experts recommend the following tips to pest-proof the home this spring:
- Seal any cracks on the outside of the home with a silicone-based caulk, including entry points for utilities and pipes.
- Replace weather-stripping and repair loose mortar around the foundation and windows.
- Keep tree branches and shrubbery well trimmed and away from the house.
- Repair fascia and rotted roof shingles.
- Keep mulch at least 15 inches from the foundation.
- Eliminate sources of standing water around the house, including birdbaths and in clogged gutters.
- Keep basements, attics, and crawl spaces well ventilated and dry.
- Store garbage in sealed containers and dispose of it regularly.
- Avoid leaving pet’s food dishes out for long periods of time.
- Contact a licensed pest professional if an infestation is suspected.
With the frequency of West Nile Virus, Chikungunya, Powassan Virus, Lyme Disease and other insect-borne diseases continuing to rise right in our Chicago suburbs, there's no better time than now to consider affordable protection. Don't risk your family's health. Get Rose's guaranteed preventive pest control services today.