Believe it or not, the most deadly animals on the planet also happen to be the ones that are the most annoying: Mosquitoes. (Learn more in the Rose Pest Solutions Pest Library!) Home mosquito control is about more than just citronella candles, cans of repellent and wearables though because killing mosquitoes only solves part of the very serious problem.
What’s Wrong With Mosquitoes:
- Zika. West Nile virus. Malaria. Dengue. Mosquitoes carry viruses, diseases and parasites that can pose serious health issues and can even be fatal.
- Then there’s all the scratching, itchiness, redness and general soreness that happens after the bite.
- Their breeding grounds are very small—think 1/2” of standing water under a leaky faucet, on top of a grill cover or under your car.
- Mosquitoes find shelter in the shade on the west side of buildings to hide from the rising sun.
- There are multiple mosquito species that are active throughout the day.
- The mosquito season gets longer based on more water, higher humidity and higher temperatures. Does this sound like the current Chicagoland summer to anyone else?